Box Stock Rules
This is a protest Division No Radios | Raceivers are mandatory!
- The All-Tech Raceway officials may inspect any car and equipment at any time for compliance.
- No radios or audible communication devices except raceceiver.
- Glow Sticks allowed in designated areas only. See officials
- All cars must have an extensive safety inspection each season before they race. All required safety equipment and apparel must be in use while the car is on the track. Racing helmet with minimum Snell 95, or recommended Snell sa2010 rating or better. Neck brace or Hans device recommended.
- Fire suit with SFI minimum rating of “1”. No holes or torn fire suits allowed. Fire resistant gloves and shoes must be worn at all times when car is on track.
- NO exceptions. Roll bar padding recommended around driver. All cars must have a fire extinguisher minimum 2 lbs. with a working and visible gauge securely mounted within easy reach of the driver.
- Window nets are required on the driver’s side of the car and must be securely mounted. Window net must latch at the top and be operational from inside and outside of the car. Drivers must be able to exit both sides of the car.
- Aluminum racing seats are mandatory, full containment recommended. A single quick release 4 point harness
- (minimum 3″ belts) dated 2013 or newer is required in all vehicles. All required belts must be in use anytime the car in on the track.
- Racing harness must be attached to the roll cage.
- Drive shaft must be painted white and include the car number. Drive shaft loop will be a 5″ diameter steel loop.
- 1″ wide and ¼” thick. It must be securely mounted to the frame 12″ from the front universal. Must have one on rear drive shaft
- All lead ballast must be painted with car number and secured with one ½” bolt per 50 lbs. 50 + lbs require two ½” bolts. Will be inspected.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your ballast stays in your car for everyone’s safety.
- Penalty weighs must be painted red or orange. If weight falls off of your car on the track at any time you are immediately disqualified from the event.
- All cars must have front and rear hook ups for towing.
- If it’s not stated in the rules it doesn’t mean it’s approved. Please consult with tech official for approval. All tech decisions are final. The track reserves the right to add weight to any driver in the fairness of competition. You need to understand all safety requirements.
- Track Management as well as the Tech official reserves the right to disqualify any car and/or driver that does not comply with all safety requirements. Competition will not and cannot come before safety. Keep it inexpensive, easy and fun. The general rules apply to drivers eligible for this division.
SAFETY: SPECIAL TO BOX STOCK
- 4-point safety harness mounted to roll cage. Lap portion may be mounted securely to the cage or original seat belt mounting points.
- Fire suit, fire shoes, and fire gloves required. Neck brace recommended.
- Window net with approved release. Driver’s windshield must be removed and have a minimum of 3 bars and wire mesh installed for safety.
- If no factory installed fuel shutoff, one must be mounted within reach of the driver, safety crew, and track officials.
- Approved fire extinguisher mounted within reach of driver.
- Battery must be relocated to driver’s compartment and must be in a marine type sealed battery box. Battery disconnect switch must be accessible to driver, track safety crew and track officials.
CAR or TRUCK:
- Any 4 cylinder , front or rear wheel drive car or truck, (must have original VIN tag) Cars have a maximum 106″ wheel base, trucks only have a maximum of 110” wheel base.
- COMPLETELY STOCK OEM! No turbos or super chargers. No cold air intakes, may run a K&N or similar style washable air filter in a STOCK air cleaner. Any stock oil filter. May flash ECU to remove theft and rpm chip.
- No special order or high-performance cars. Any car with a factory horsepower rating over 160hp will be considered high performance and not allowed to compete.
- Must be available for purchase in the USA.
- No gutting, chopping, torching, or cutting. LEAVE IT ALONE!
- Completely OEM stock engine for year make and model. NO TINKERING with engines. Maximum engine size will be 2.5 liter. No boring. Engine must match body. No swaps.
Stock OEM for make and model. Cannot be welded or locked. No posi-traction
- Stock OEM. No modifications of any kind. Cavaliers & Sunfires may use OEM replacement hub assembly from Jay Gordon (618)-694-1212 (or similar, please advise tech man use of these products) on passenger or driver side as option to stock hub assembly.
- Stock OEM. No modifications of any kind.
- No fuel additives. No racing gas.
- All tires same size, all rims same size. 13″, 14″, 15″ or 16″ rims okay. Stock steel wheels. No aluminum wheels.
- Optional: May run Aero 44-164055 14” x 6” steel wheel 4 on 100mm or Aero 44165055 14” x 6” steel wheel 5 on 100mm, 1” lug nuts MANDATORY.
- 60/65/70/75 series DOT tires approved. No truck or trailer tires.
- No truing, tire softeners, soaking, or pre-heating of tires. No leaning of tires.
- NO chemicals of any type inside of tires except oxygen or nitrogen.
- Stock gas tank in stock location as long as it is in front of the rear axle. Optional fuel cell/steel boat gas tank (max 12 gallon) IF MOUNTED IN TRUNK. Must be in a steel case with at least 2 steel straps mounted securely to the floor of the trunk.
- Remove all glass from vehicle.
- Door panels may be removed to remove door glass.
- Doors may be hulled for roll bar, must have hinges and lock latch intact.
- Doors must be welded shut.
- Hood hinges must remain in stock location with 2 hood pins or optional 4 hood pins to secure the hood. All hoods must have original hood pins and latches removed.
- All body sheet metal must be kept in place. Trunks must have lid pins and latches removed. Trucks must weld tail gate shut No sheet metal screws, pop rivets only.
- Head lights and taillights must be removed. Remove the hood insulation.
- 4 point minimum. Minimum 3 horizontal bars on the driver’s side and 2 horizontal bars on the passenger’s side.
- Must have at least single loop roll bar with crossbar and down bars. Cage may exit driver’s compartment.
- Must be welded to 4″ x 4″ x 1/8″ plate and bolted or welded to floor pan or frame.
- Driver’s door bar must extend 3″ past front and rear of driver’s door.
- Continuous welds must be used on all joints.
- If equipped with airbags they must be disarmed.
Optional: Keep the horn in working order so you can honk it at the fans.
- 1.9 Liters and below must weigh a minimum of 2200lbs after race.
- 2.0L and above must weigh 2400lbs after race.
- Liters are as specified by manufacturer.
CAR CLAIMING PROCEDURES:
In order to claim a car the driver must have competed in six race events in the Box Stock division. The driver must finish on the lead lap and behind the car he/she is claiming. The driver then may claim the car for $1,500.00 cash. The driver must stop on the front straight away and notify the flagman of the claim. Then the cars will be pushed to tech. The driver being claimed may remove all safety equipment from the car including fuel cell if installed. The driver being claimed keeps the entire amount of cash $1,500.00 and the car of the claiming driver. The claiming driver may also remove his/her safety equipment. If a driver refuses to surrender a car being claimed he/she will be disqualified. Abuse of this claimer rule will not be tolerated. All-Tech Raceway reserves the right to also claim any ones car in the division for the same dollar amount. Remember inexpensive racing!
Drivers may not move down more than one division without permission from the management. The top three finishers from the previous week will start at the rear of the feature the next race event.
Top three (3) from previous week must start last Next to last and 2nd to last next time driver and car show up.
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER: THE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN ARE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE FOR THE ORDERLY CONDUCT OF RACING EVENTS AND TO ESTABLISH
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCH EVENTS. THESE RULES SHALL GOVERN THE CONDITION OF ALL EVENTS, AND BY PARTICIPATING IN THESE EVENTS ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE COMPLIED WITH THE RULES. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. THEY ARE INTENDED AS A GUIDE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THE SPORT AND ARE IN NO WAY A GUARANTEE AGAINST INJURY OR DEATH TO A PARTICIPANT, SPECTATOR, OR OFFICIAL.
THE ABSENCE OF A SPECIFIC RULE DOES NOT IMPLY APPROVAL. THE TRACK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD WEIGHT IN THE FAIRNESS OF COMPETITION.
It is stated in the rules above what you can do to your car. Anything else will not be allowed! In other words, if it is not stated in the rules then it is not approved. Please consult techman for certification only. If not in writing, no “he said/she said” is acceptable by management. All tech decisions are final and a disqualification means ALL money, prizes, and points are forfeited.
No grinding or defacing of any casting numbers. Any motor parts with missing or altered casting numbers are illegal regardless of the reason. To pull and inspect a carburetor is $50.00 To check lift on camshaft will be $100.00. To pull a transmission and inspect will be
$300 with $50 going to tech inspector to pull a head the protest will be $500.00. To pull a motor out to check the bottom end will be $750.00 (of which $150.00 will go to the tech inspector). Tear down and inspection of chassis and suspension (shocks. springs and all mounting points) will be $500.00 ($100 will go to tech inspector). Should the car be found illegal. the money minus the $100.00 on a motor being pulled will go back to the protesting party. Total tear down of engine and suspension will be $1,000.00 ($200.00 to tech inspector). Track fee of $200 will be charged for any protest and is nonrefundable. Should the car be found legal. all money minus fees will go to the car being protested.
A PROPER PROTEST WILL BE COMPLETED AS FOLLOWED:
The protest has to be done by the driver on the front straightaway immediately after the feature and only by cars finishing in the top five and on the Lead Lap. The driver must notify the flagman or the front straightaway track official, which will then alert the car being protested. The car will then be impounded in tech and the protesting party will have 10 minutes to present the money as stated above for what is being protested. This must be presented in the form of cash, money order, or cashier check. No personal checks will be accepted. The track officials, and only the track officials, shall determine when the 10 minutes will begin and the funds must be presented to the techman.